Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Post 10

When I talk about fantasy writing, the first thing to come out of the other person's mouth is, "So you're into Lord of the Rings" or "So you play Dungeons and Dragons" in a tone that would make me feel bad if I were have seen either played.  I hear stories of people playing Dungeons and Dragons nonstop in their basement, and known as fantasy geeks.
Sure Lord of the Rings is well known, especially to those that are fantasy writers. And Dungeons and Dragons is played by people who aren't even found of writing. I myself as a writer have only spent twenty minutes on the Lord of the Rings, being one sitting, and haven't played Dungeons and Dragons, not to say I didn't want to try it. So now I'm stuck with the stereotype that fantasy writers play dungeons and dragons for a living and such, which isn't always true, just as any stereotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment